Check out these these 6 online safety resources. Then create a web safety plan with your kids before giving them free reign of the internet.
1. Be Web Smart - A web site offering articles, tips, guidance and reviews for parents who want to keep their families safe and productive online.
2. Kid power - An online library of instructional videos, including child abuse prevention.
READ MORE: A parent's guide to social media
3. Stop It Now - A website dedicated to helping families and communities prevent and cope with child sexual assault.
4. Internet Safety 101 - This website has a vast amount of information offering parents advice on how to protect their children from online dangers, including sexual predators.
READ MORE: Tips for navigating the app world
5. Daisy Tells a Secret - Previews of this animated film can be found online, where it may also be purchased. Geared toward the ages of 4 through 8, the story offers advice on how parents and educators can communicate with young children about personal safety and body ownership.
6. Wired Safety Dating back to before social media and web videos existed, this website is dedicated to keeping people - especially children - safe from the many threats that lurk online.