I don't know about you, but I cannot wait to watch this year's Super Bowl between the New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons. I know what you're thinking... you want to throw an awesome Super Bowl party, but you're not sure how enthusiastic your kids (or your BFF's kids for that matter) will be about the whole ordeal. So we've gathered six of our favorite ways to get kids of any age involved in a Super Bowl party!
1. Hide football-themed items like a helmet, a jersey, a pom-pom, etc. around the house for an impromptu scavenger hunt when the kids start to get restless.
2. Break out your middle school note folding skills and make some origami footballs (never thought you'd use those skills after the invention of text messages did you)! Then let the kids go to town playing endless rounds of flick football.
3. Use yellow washi tape to create a goal post on your wall. Blindfold the kids and have them try to stick footballs between the posts for a prize. You can cut the footballs out of brown paper lunch sacks.
4. Play a picture-based Bingo game like TV commercial bingo. Create a grid with logos from different companies in each box. Mark and "x" through the box when the company's commercial comes on.
5. Create a Super Bowl word search using words like punt, goal, panthers, broncos, football, lombardi, etc. This is a great way to pass time, especially in the third and fourth quarters when kids should be settling down for bedtime.
6. Cut football shapes out of brown construction paper and have kids decorate them with stickers, glitter and the colors from their favorite team.