Wed, Feb 22, 2017 - Wed, Mar 29, 2017
various locations througout Orange County
The 2017 Cornell Cooperative Extension 4-H Tractor Program is open to any youth, 14 years old and above, who wants to receive certification to work on a farm this summer and/or is looking for a fun, educational experience. The U.S. Department of Labor declares certain farm occupations too “hazardous” for youth below the age of 16. Tractor driving is included on this list, and these youth are prohibited from working on any farm but their home farm. An exemption is permitted for youth under 16 (but over 14) if they have successfully completed a basic Tractor Safety Course. Participants are expected to attend 6 meetings at local tractor dealers and be tested. Meetings are scheduled for Wednesdays from 7:00 to 8:30 PM:
• February 22 (Cornell Cooperative Extension Office, Middletown)
• March 1 (Chambers Ford, Montgomery)
• March 8 (Hudson River Tractor Company, Goshen)
• March 15 (Pine Bush Equipment)
• March 22 (Pine Bush Equipment)
• March 29 (Cornell Cooperative Extension Office, Middletown).
There will be driving practice on Saturday, April 8th with the testing on Saturday, April 22nd (rain date Saturday, April 29th). Sign up is due by February 13, and can be done by calling the 4-H Office at 344-1234.
Registration fee is $7.00 for 4-H members, $22.00 for non-members.