What to Look For in an After-School Program
1. Do you feel that being in this setting will be a happy experience for your child?
2. Do you feel that you will be able to develop a relaxed, sharing relationship with the caregiver?
3. Is discipline handled in a positive manner?
4. Do you sense that the caregiver feels good about being with children and has a good sense of humor?
5. Are first aid supplies readily available, and does at least one person have a current Red Cross First Aid/CPR certificate?
6. Is the space arranged so that children can freely select materials according to their own interests and abilities and return them when finished?
7. Is there space for active play and quiet play?
Provided by the Child Care Council of Orange County, Inc.