1. You always race over to the Walkway Over the Hudson with the kids on the first sunny day of Spring.
2. You and your family are locavores and are (of course) members of your village’s CSA program.
3. You know who Eggbert is and you fully understand the joy he brings to your children each winter.
4. Your family visited DIA: Beacon, Long Dock Park, Mount Beacon, and the likes long before it was dubbed “the new Williamsburg”
5. Your summer weekends are jam packed with festivals and fairs!
6. Your lovely day of pick-your-own produce is always thwarted by the gravitational pull of the jumping pillow at Kelder’s Farm and Hurds Family Farm
7. Your family frequents the Forestburgh Playhouse… who wouldn’t love Broadway caliber shows so close to home? Score one for not having to navigate the subway with two screaming kids in tow.
8. Your go-to mommy-time hangout spot is Frida’s Bakery & Café… Besides their amazing house-made lunch options, you love the spacious playroom just for kids. Hello macaroons and 5 minutes of peace!
9. You freaked out when your partner told you he took the kids to feed the bears. Of course it would have been nice if he’d have told you they made bear treats at Trailside Museum & Zoo and didn’t feed random bears they encountered along the trail.
10. You’re reading this article because you know Hudson Valley Parent is the go-to resource for parents in the Hudson Valley!
Brittany L. Morgan is the web editor and executive assistant to the publisher at Hudson Valley Parent. She enjoys exploring the Hudson Valley with her boyfriend, Bill.